This article describes how to integrate Anodot and ServiceNow, and includes:
Sending Alerts from Anodot to ServiceNow
- Allocate a user/password with write permissions.
- Copy the ServiceNow URL (you'll use this when creating the ServiceNow channel).
- Create a new ServiceNow channel instance. See Defining a ServiceNow channel in Anodot.
- Use the URL you copied from ServiceNow.
- Set the channel as the recipient of alerts. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
Defining a ServiceNow channel in Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel, and select ServiceNow (Incident).
- In the New ServiceNow (Incident) Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter a Channel name - this name is used for display only.
- Enter the ServiceNow URL - this should be copied from the ServiceNow ITSM.
- Enter your ServiceNow User ID and Password in the relevant fields.
- In the Table field, select from Case (typically used for external issues communications with customers) or Incident (typically used for internal issues communication).
- Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- If the ungrouping of metrics functionality is enabled in your account, select the Ungroup metrics in alert checkbox if you want to split the trigger at the metric level. This ensures each metric can be managed separately (for example, an alert with 50 metrics will be separated into 50 separate tickets). This is especially relevant when different users in your organization are responsible for different customers, departments and so on.
- If the RBAC feature is enabled in your account, define the Access Settings:
- Select Everyone if you want all registered Anodot users to have access to the data in this channel. In the Add Members dropdown list, select members already registered in Anodot. You can also add email addresses; use a comma-separated list of email addresses.
- Select Selected Groups if you want to restrict access to the data in this channel to specific groups. In the displayed Who can access dropdown list, select the relevant groups.
- Click Test Connection to test the channel connection, and then click Create Channel.