This article describes how to integrate Anodot and Mattermost, and includes:
Sending Alerts from Anodot to Mattermost
- Define an incoming webhook, as described in the Mattermost documentation here.
- Copy the Mattermost webhook URL (you'll use this when creating the Mattermost channel).
- Create a new Mattermost channel instance. See Defining a Mattermost channel in Anodot.
- Use the webhook URL you created in Mattermost.
- Set the channel as the recipient of alerts. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
Defining a Mattermost channel in Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel, and select Mattermost.
- In the New Mattermost Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot channel name - this name is used for display only.
- Enter the Mattermost channel name - this name needs to match the Mattermost channel you wish the alerts to be sent to.
- Enter the Mattermost webhook URL - this should be copied from the Mattermost UI.
- Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- If the RBAC feature is enabled in your account, define the Access Settings:
- Select Everyone if you want all registered Anodot users to have access to the data in this channel. In the Add Members dropdown list, select members already registered in Anodot. You can also add email addresses; use a comma-separated list of email addresses.
- Select Selected Groups if you want to restrict access to the data in this channel to specific groups. In the displayed Who can access dropdown list, select the relevant groups.
- Click Test Connection to test the channel connection, and then click Create Channel.