This article describes how to integrate Anodot and Telegram, and includes:
Note: To set the Telegram channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
Sending Alerts from Anodot to Telegram
To send alerts from Anodot to Telegram:
1. In Telegram:
c. In the group where the bot is added, use the command "/start" to activate the bot.
d. Copy the group URL from the browser.
2. In Anodot:
a. Create a new Telegram channel instance. See Defining a Telegram channel in Anodot.
b. Use the Telegram group URL you created in Telegram.
c. Set the channel as the recipient of alerts. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
When an event is triggered:
- An alert is sent by Anodot to the defined URL.
- The alert is received within Telegram and is processed.
Defining a Telegram channel in Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, click Integrations > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel, and select Telegram.
- In the New Telegram Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot Channel Name.
- Copy the group URL you created in Sending Alerts from Anodot to Telegram.
- Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- If the RBAC feature is enabled in your account, define the Access Settings:
- Select Everyone if you want all registered Anodot users to have access to the data in this channel. In the Add Members dropdown list, select members already registered in Anodot. You can also add email addresses; use a comma-separated list of email addresses.
- Select Selected Groups if you want to restrict access to the data in this channel to specific groups. In the displayed Who can access dropdown list, select the relevant groups.
- Click Test Connection to test the channel connection, and then click Create Channel.