The Alerts Management page displays a number of important details about your alerts, including notifications of errors, ownership, and the current status of an alert. In addition, there are a number of actions you can perform on the listed alerts, including the following:
- View additional information. See View Additional Alert Information.
- Filter alerts. If the Filter panel is not displayed, click the Filter button. See Filtering Alerts.
- Edit, subscribe, pause, duplicate, delete alerts. See Editing Alerts.
- Create new alerts. See Creating New Alerts.
- Bulk edit one or more alerts to add and remove recipients, pause alerts, labels and resume alerts. See Bulk Editing.
- Assign owners (users or groups) to one or more alerts. See Assigning Alert Owners.
- Use labels to organize alerts. See Organizing Alerts with Labels.
- Setting channels as the alert recipient. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
- To change the sort order of any of the alert parameters [Title/Notification/ Owner/
Date Modified/Status/triggered], hover over the parameter heading.
- To view the severity of an alert, hover over the color-code bar next to the alert title.
- To view the notification details, hover over the warning icon:
- A Red triangle indicates that the search result is empty - either there is no data or it is invalid
- An Orange triangle indicates that the composite delay has been changed.
View Additional Alert Information
To display more information about a specific alert, click the alert row. Choose the information you want to see:
- Summary for the high-level details of the alert.
- Alert Console to link to the Alerts Console. See Alerts Console
- Details for a full alert report.
To show or hide the Filters panel, click the Filters button. Alerts can be filtered using any combination of the following parameters:
Auto search: start typing the title or description of the
Filter All, Active, or Paused alerts.
Add any labels to further refine your filtering.
Select Alert Type(s) (Anomaly, Static, or No Data)
Select alert owner(s) (including groups).
Enter any part of a data stream's description or title
Select the Time Span in which metrics are aggregated
Select the Anomaly Direction (Up or Down, or Up and Down).
Select Save View to save your current filter settings,
Click Share Link to copy the link to your clipboard.
To View the Filters Applied
To display a summary of the filters selected, hover over the Filters button.
- (43/50) The total number of alerts meeting the selected criteria
- (4) The number of filters applied
To edit an alert
1. Hover over the alert to display the Edit toolbar.
2. Click the relevant icon to:
- Edit an alert [Alert owners and Admin users only]. See Creating and Tuning Alerts.
- Subscribe/ Unsubscribe to alerts
- Pause /Resume Alerts. Alerts can be paused for
- An hour
- A day
- A week
- Duplicate - a copy of the alert is automatically created.
- Delete alerts [Alert owners and Admin users only]
3. Click Save to return to the Alerts Management page.
To add recipients, pause/resume alerts and labels to more than one alert at a time, use bulk editing.
1. Choose the alerts you want to bulk edit.
- Either select individual alerts - scroll and check the checkbox
Or to globally edit all the alerts - check the Title checkbox. All the alerts are automatically selected.
- Recipients to add recipients
- Pause to pause for a chosen interval
- Labels to search and add labels
- More to resume paused alerts or assign an owner (described in the following section)
Assigning Alert Owners
To assign your alerts to another owner (a user or group):
- Choose the alert(s) to which you want to assign a new owner. Note that you can select any number of alerts that you own.
- Click the More button on the Bulk Editing toolbar, and in the displayed popup menu, click Assign Owner.
- In the displayed list of users and groups, select an owner and click Apply.
Organizing Alerts with Labels
You can use labels to organize your alerts according to your requirements. You can add labels when you create or edit an alert. You can then filter alerts both in the Alerts Management page and in the Alert Console, based on the labels you applied.
Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert
- In the Alerts Management screen, hover over the required alert, and click Edit. Note that you can also set the channel when defining a new alert, see Creating New Alerts. For more information about managing your alert channels, see Alert Channels Overview.
Note that you can also select multiple alerts, as described in Linking the Channel to Multiple Alerts.
- In the Info & Recipients section of the alert, click the Select box to define who will receive the alerts. In the displayed popup, as shown below, choose the specific channel instance which maps to the relevant channel service (for example, MS Teams). Repeat the process to add multiple services.
Linking the Channel to Multiple Alerts
- Hover over the required alerts, and select the checkbox to the left of each alert, as indicated below.
- In the bulk operations toolbar at the bottom of the screen, click Recipients.
- Select the channel you want to link to and click Apply.