The Alerts Management page displays a number of important details about your alerts, including notifications of errors, ownership, and the current status of an alert. In addition, there are a number of actions you can perform on the listed alerts, including the following:
- View additional information. See View Additional Alert Information.
- Filter alerts. If the Filter panel is not displayed, click the Filter button. See Filtering Alerts.
- Edit, subscribe, pause, duplicate, delete alerts. See Editing Alerts.
- Create new alerts. See Creating New Alerts.
- Bulk edit one or more alerts to add and remove recipients, pause alerts, labels and resume alerts. See Bulk Editing.
- Assign owners (users or groups) to one or more alerts. See Assigning Alert Owners.
- To change the sort order of any of the alert parameters [Title/Notification/ Owner/
Date Modified/Status/triggered], hover over the parameter heading.
- To view the severity of an alert, hover over the color-code bar next to the alert title.
- To view the notification details, hover over the warning icon:
- A Red triangle indicates that the search result is empty - either there is no data or it is invalid
- An Orange triangle indicates that the composite delay has been changed.
View Additional Alert Information
To display more information about a specific alert, click the alert row. Choose the information you want to see:
- Summary for the high-level details of the alert.
- Alert Console to link to the Alerts Console See Alerts Console
- Details for a full alert report.
To show or hide the Filters panel, click the Filters button. Alerts can be filtered using any combination of the following parameters:
To View the Filters Applied
To display a summary of the filters selected, hover over the Filters button.
- (43/50) The total number of alerts meeting the selected criteria
- (4) The number of filters applied
To edit an alert
1. Hover over the alert to display the Edit toolbar.
2. Click the relevant icon to:
- Edit an alert [Alert owners and Admin users only]. See Creating and Tuning Alerts.
- Subscribe/ Unsubscribe to alerts
- Pause /Resume Alerts. Alerts can be paused for
- An hour
- A day
- A week
- Duplicate - a copy of the alert is automatically created.
- Delete alerts [Alert owners and Admin users only]
3. Click Save to return to the Alerts Management page.
To add recipients, pause/resume alerts and labels to more than one alert at a time, use bulk editing.
1. Choose the alerts you want to bulk edit.
- Either select individual alerts - scroll and check the checkbox
Or to globally edit all the alerts - check the Title checkbox. All the alerts are automatically selected.
- Recipients to add recipients
- Pause to pause for a chosen interval
- Labels to search and add labels
- More to resume paused alerts or assign an owner (described in the following section)
Assigning Alert Owners
To assign your alerts to another owner (a user or group):
- Choose the alert(s) to which you want to assign a new owner. Note that you can select any number of alerts that you own.
- Click the More button on the Bulk Editing toolbar, and in the displayed popup menu, click Assign Owner.
- In the displayed list of users and groups, select an owner and click Apply.