The Alerts Console is the repository of all your Anodot alerts.
On the Console page you can:
- Filter the alerts. If the Filter panel is not displayed, click the Filters button
- Set the Refresh rate, access Alerts Management and create new alerts
- Acknowledge Alerts
- Investigate Alerts
- Tune Alerts
- Send us feedback
- To show/hide metric graphs, click anywhere within the alert row.
- To change the sort order of any of the alert parameters, hover over the column heading.
- To display the full name of a truncated alert, hover over it.
- To see the exact Start Time / Updated Time of an alert, hover over it.
- indicates open alerts.
Information on the Console is displayed by:
|Title||The name assigned when configuring the alert|
|Start Time||When the anomaly started|
|Updated Time||The last time an alert was updated|
|Duration||The total time from when the anomaly first started to the last time it was updated|
|Score||The Metric anomaly significance score|
|Metrics||The total number of metrics in the alerts notification|
|Severity||The designated severity level|
To show/hide the Filters panel, click the Filters button. The Alerts Console can be filtered using any combination of the following parameters:
Choose a time span during which the alerts were created.
Select to display open alerts only. The default is to show all.
Select a Recipient(s) from the list of Users / Channels.
Select the relevant Alert Type (Anomaly, Static, No Data) and Severity (Info, Low, Medium, High, Critical).
Click Save View to save your current filters (or click Reset to Default to reset all filters). Click Share Link to copy the link to your clipboard.
To View the Filters Applied
Hover over the Filters button to display a summary of the filters used.
Alerts which are being watched either by you or other users are Acknowledged.
- To acknowledge/dis-acknowledge an Alert, hover over the Alert you want to watch/not watch, click the Acknowledge icon .
- The alert is moved to the top of the Alerts Console.
- To see who is watching an alert, hover over the Acknowledge icon to the left of the Start Time.
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be investigated from the Console page.
- Hover over the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Investigate.
See Investigating Anomalies
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be tuned from the Console page.
- Hover over the the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Tune Alert.
See Alerts Overview
When Snooze is activated alerts are not sent. Snooze stops alerting metric anomalies in the context of the alert for a specific time frame.
Note The same metric may fire alerts when used in another alert.
Use Snooze when you anticipate a metric behaving anomalously; for example when you know that there's going to be a planned downtime or a partner stopped working with a particular version.
To snooze an alert:
- Hover over the alert row you want to set snooze.
- Click the Snooze Alert icon .
- Choose from the drop-down menu:
- Either a set Standard time-frame for all the metrics in the alert
- Or Custom to stop selected metrics from those triggered in the alert for a specified time-period.
- Select which metrics to Snooze.
- Select which metrics to Pause Learning.
Note By default, Anodot pauses normal behavior learning while a metric is snoozed as we do not want to learn behavior when a user implies that the behavior is not relevant - by deselecting Pause Learning Anodot will continue to learn behavior, as it usually does.
- In the Custom Snooze dialog box, check mark:
- Snooze Alerts and Pause Learning to pause alerts and learning behavior (default): on the Alerts Console;
- Pause Learning to pause learning only: on the Alerts Console;
- Snooze to pause alerts only [deselect Pause Learning]: on the Alerts Console.
- All users can snooze alerts.
- To end Snooze, click the Snooze Alert icon > End Snooze.
- The date under the Snooze icon on the Console page indicates when the snooze period will end; the metrics will re-trigger the alert
SEND US FEEDBACK