Alerts are notifications of metric events triggered by anomalies, no data, or deviations from a static value.
Alert notifications are sent to recipients grouped according to distribution channels:
- Email – Recipients identified by an email address.
- Webhook – Recipients identified by a URL. A Webhook is a simple event notification service via HTTP POST. When the alert is triggered, the service sends the alert payload to the specified URL.
- Slack – Recipients identified by WebHook URL created using Slack custom integration.
- PagerDuty - Recipients identified by PagerDuty service name and key.
- Users – Recipients defined as users in host app.
Instances identify individual recipients within a notification channel.
CREATING AND TUNING ALERTS
From the main Navigation panel, click Alerts > New, to open the New Alerts window.
- Define the metrics; see:
- Set the Alert Settings; see:
- Set a unique title, a description, the severity and status
- Set the channels and users
- Change ownership [Admin and Alert owners only]