This article includes the following:
Creating a new Dashboard graph tile
- Open a Dashboard.
- Click Edit (located in the top right corner). Note that the Edit button is only displayed if you are the Dashboard owner, or belong to a group with access to the Dashboard. See also Edit vs View modes.
- Click + Add Tile, and select Graph from the displayed options. The Add Graph Tile window is displayed.
- In the Title field, add a name for the graph tile.
- Add measures and expressions:
- In the Simple tab, select the relevant measure.
- In the Advanced tab, create an expression; for further information, see Metric Expressions.
Note that you can also click the icon to the right of the Simple and Advanced tabs to perform additional actions:
- Select Clear Expression Tree to remove all the displayed measures and dimensions.
- Select Show in Metric Explorer to open the selected metrics in the Metric Explorer.
- Click the Show Composites toggle switch to display/hide composite metrics.
- In the Graph Options area, select the layout of your graph tile.
- Select the type of chart for displaying the metrics; choose one of Line, Column, Area, or Spline.
- Select the type of stacking: None, Normal (the values of the metrics are stacked on top of each other), or Percent (the values represent percentages of the metric value from the sum).
- Define the Y Axis settings: select Linear (if the range of values is small) or Logarithmic (if the range of values is large). You can also select Left to display the y-axis on the left, or Right to display it on the right.
- Set a specific value range: define a range in values you want to show on the graph.
- Define a visual threshold line: click on the Static Line option switch to enable it. Add a name, color, and value, as required.
- In the Legend Options area, select the Show Legend on Tile checkbox to display the legend on the tile, and then select either On the bottom or On the right.
- Click Save tile.
- Click Save Dashboard to save your tile to the Dashboard.
Customizing Dashboard graph tiles
You can edit and customize an existing Dashboard graph tile according to your requirements.
- Open the relevant Dashboard.
- On the relevant tile, click the Settings icon and then select Edit Tile.
You can also duplicate the tile by selecting Duplicate (you can select to duplicate the tile on this Dashboard or another Dashboard), create an alert by selecting Create Alert (add an alert name in the displayed window), or delete the tile by selecting Delete Tile. You can also click Show in Metric Explorer to view the selected measures in the Metric Explorer, and Export to CSV.
- In the displayed Edit Graph Tile window, customize the settings as required. Refer to the Creating a new Dashboard graph tile section for details.
- Click Save Dashboard to implement your changes to the Dashboard.