The Anodot Slack application enables you to get notified about Alerts directly in Slack.
With Anodot’s integration with Slack you can:
Get business critical alerts directly to your Slack channels
You can easily designate Anodot alerts to be sent to a specific Slack channel. See here how to assign an alert to a channel. Following the initial installation of the Anodot Slack app in your Slack workspace, adding Anodot to a Slack channel is as simple as calling ‘/invite @Anodot’ to your channel.
Collaborate with your peers around specific alerts
Once you get an alert, you can easily continue chatting about it in Slack as part of a dedicated thread or in the channel itself. In the future - comments made in the context of a specific alert in Slack will be stored as part of the alert’s timeline.
Acknowledge, feedback and launch RCA investigations directly from Slack
Every alert notification comes with a set of “Actions” you can perform on it.
Here are some of the actions you can perform:
✅ Acknowledge - Acknowledge an alert to let everyone on the team know that you’ve seen it.
💬 Feedback (Good Catch / Not Interesting) - Giving feedback to an alert is super important as it enables Anodot and you to constantly improve the detection rate of the alert.
🕵️♀️ Investigate - Deep dive into the alert trigger you got to better understand what happened, where did it happen and perhaps even ‘why’.
🎛 Dashboard - For alerts which were defined based on a dashboard, you are able to quickly navigate to the original dashboard and get the context of your alert
🦺 Custom Actions - (Coming Soon) - Launch your own external links - Grafana, Kibana, Jira, Rundeck, etc.
To get started, follow these steps:
1. Install the application to your Slack workspace using this link or from the Slack app marketplace. Note: You need to be a workspace owner in order to install the application.
3. Once you've entered these two - you will get a confirmation from the Anodot Slack application.
4. For any Slack channel where you would like to get notifications from Anodot, simply use "/invite @anodot" in that channel. This will create a corresponding channel in Anodot with the same name.
5. Now you can assign specific alerts to send notifications to the channel you've just created. See Alerts Management on how.
6. To stop receiving notifications from Anodot to a specific channel, the fastest way is to use "/remove @anodot" from that channel. Notice that in some Slack workspaces, the ability to remove people / apps from channels is limited by the Slack workspace admin.
- The ability to configure the structure of the notifications you get from Anodot per channel.
- Custom Actions.