This article describes how to integrate Anodot and AWS SNS, and includes:
- Sending Alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS
- Defining an AWS SNS instance in Anodot
- Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert
Sending Alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS
To send alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS:
1. In AWS SNS:
a. Create an AWS SNS topic for the relevant region.
b. Set the Topic type as Standard (there is no need for FIFO).
c. Set permissions to enable the Anodot account to publish to the AWS SNS topic:
i. In the Access Policy section, select the Basic method.
ii. In the list of options for defining who can publish messages to the topic, select Only the specified AWS accounts. In the displayed text box, enter the Anodot account 340481513670.
2. In Anodot:
a. Create a new AWS SNS channel instance. See Defining an AWS SNS instance in Anodot.
b. Use the topic you created in AWS SNS (you will need the SNS Topic ARN).
c. Set the channel as the recipient of alerts. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
When an event is triggered:
- An SNS message is sent by Anodot to the defined topic.
- The SNS message is received within AWS SNS and is processed.
Defining an AWS SNS instance in Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- Click New to create a new channel and in the displayed popup, select SNS Instance.
- In the New SNS Instance screen, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot Channel name.
- Copy the SNS Topic ARN you created in Sending Alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS.
- Choose a Time Zone. The alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, select MANAGEMENT > Alerts.
- Hover over the required alert, and click Edit. You can also set the channel when defining a new alert, see Creating New Alerts. Note that you can also select multiple alerts, as described in Linking the Channel to Multiple Alerts.
- In the Info & Recipients section of the alert, click the Select box to define who will receive the alerts. In the displayed popup, choose the specific SNS Instance which maps to the AWS SNS service. Repeat the process to add multiple services.
Linking the Channel to Multiple Alerts
- From the main Navigation Panel, select MANAGEMENT > Alerts.
- Hover over the required alerts, and select the checkbox to the left of each alert, as indicated below.
- In the bulk operations toolbar at the bottom of the screen, click Recipients.
- Select the SNS Instance channel you want to link to and click Apply.