This article describes how to integrate Anodot and AWS SNS, and includes:
Note: To set the AWS SNS channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
Sending Alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS
To send alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS:
1. In AWS SNS:
a. Create an AWS SNS topic for the relevant region.
b. Set the Topic type as Standard (there is no need for FIFO).
c. Set permissions to enable the Anodot account to publish to the AWS SNS topic:
i. In the Access Policy section, select the Basic method.
ii. In the list of options for defining who can publish messages to the topic, select Only the specified AWS accounts. In the displayed text box, enter the Anodot account 340481513670.
2. In Anodot:
a. Create a new AWS SNS channel instance. See Defining an AWS SNS instance in Anodot.
b. Use the topic you created in AWS SNS (you will need the SNS Topic ARN).
c. Set the channel as the recipient of alerts. See Setting the Channel as the Recipient in an Alert.
When an event is triggered:
- An SNS message is sent by Anodot to the defined topic.
- The SNS message is received within AWS SNS and is processed.
Defining an AWS SNS instance in Anodot
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the Anodot Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- Click New to create a new channel and in the displayed popup, select SNS Instance.
- In the New SNS Instance screen, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot Channel name.
- Copy the SNS Topic ARN you created in Sending Alerts from Anodot to AWS SNS.
- Choose a Time Zone. The alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.