You can collect data from Segment in two simple steps:
- Connect Anodot with Segment by creating a Segment data source and copy the Anodot API key in Anodot to Segment.
- Create a Segment data stream.
Creating a Segment data source
To create a Segment source:
- Navigate to INTEGRATIONS > Data Management.
- In the displayed Data Management page, click + New Stream in the top right corner.
- In the displayed window, click Add a New Source.
- From the displayed list of data sources, hover over the Segment icon and click Start. The Segment dialog is displayed.
- Define a name for the data source, and copy the displayed Integration Token.
- In your Segment account, do the following:
- Create the Anodot destination type.
- Paste the Integration Token in the API Key field.
Creating a Segment data stream
If you have just created a Segment data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Data Management page, filter the displayed list of streams to find the Segment source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with the source are displayed. If no streams are displayed for the Segment data source, no stream queries currently exist.
- Hover over the Segment row in the displayed list of streams, and click + New Stream to display the Stream Query window.
- Define the following:
- Stream Name.
- Stream Owner.
- Select the relevant Message Type to collect, and click Collect. The relevant message fields are displayed.
- Measures & Dimensions: Choose the relevant template from the dropdown list of templates; measures and dimensions will be added based on the selected template.