To send alerts from Anodot to JIRA:
- In JIRA determine the project and task type you want to send alerts to and then create an API token
- In Anodot insert the the data from JIRA and paste the API token
- Link the channel to the relevant project
a/ Alert Open events - will open issues in JIRA.
b/ Alert Update/Close events - will add comments in existing issues.
CREATING A JIRA API TOKEN
Follow the instructions provided by Atlassian for creating a Token.
DEFINING A CHANNEL IN ANODOT
- Open Anodot.
- Open the Add JIRA Channel dialog box:
- Either from an Alert [Edit Alert > Recipients [Channel (Jira) / Instance (Add Jira instance)]
- Or from the main task bar, navigate to the New JIRA Instance dialog box [Management > Channels > New > JIRA instance]
i. A Channel name.
ii. Your JIRA domain in the Base URL field.
iii The JIRA user email you are planning to use. This will be the reporter of the JIRA issues later on.
iv. Paste the Access token you created in JIRA.
v. Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
vi. Click Connect to validate the connection and retrieve the list of available JIRA projects and issue types.
LINKING THE CHANNEL TO THE REQUIRED PROJECT
- Select a JIRA project ID.
Note The JIRA project list is per user rights. Only projects which you have access to will be displayed.
- Select a JIRA issue type for the chosen project.
- Test the connection. [Optional] - This will create a test issue in the project.
EDITING A JIRA CHANNEL
To change the JIRA project ID and task type to which alerts will be sent:
- From the main task bar, navigate to the Channels page [Management > Channels].
- Choose the JIRA channel you want to update.
- Click View to open the Edit JIRA Instance dialog box.
- Update the JIRA project ID and/ or issue type.
- Test the connection [optional].
JIRA ALERT EXAMPLE