This article describes how to integrate Anodot and JIRA, and includes:
Note: To set the JIRA channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
In addition, note that Anodot supports:
- Alert Open events - will open issues in JIRA
- Alert Update/Close events - will add comments in existing issues
Defining a Channel in Anodot
- In JIRA determine the project and task type you want to send alerts to and then create an API token. Follow the instructions provided by Atlassian for creating a token.
- In the Anodot Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel to create a new channel and select JIRA.
- In the New JIRA Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot Channel name.
- Your JIRA domain in the URL field.
- For JIRA Cloud installations:
- In JIRA User, enter the JIRA user email you are planning to use.*
- In Access Token, paste the Access token you created in JIRA.
- For JIRA On-Premises installations:
- In JIRA User, enter the JIRA user name you are planning to use.*
- In Access Token, paste the Password you created in JIRA.
* This will be the reporter of the JIRA issues later on.
- Refer to Allowlist Anodot Servers to allow access to your JIRA installation.
- Choose a Time Zone. The alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- Click Create initial connection to validate the connection and retrieve the list of available JIRA projects and issue types.
- To link the channel to the required JIRA project, select a JIRA project ID. Note that the JIRA project list is per user rights; only projects which you have access to will be displayed.
- Select a JIRA issue type for the chosen project.
- Click Create Channel.
Editing a JIRA Channel
To change the JIRA project ID and task type to which alerts will be sent:
- From the Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels.
- Choose the JIRA channel you want to update.
- Click View to open the Edit JIRA Channel dialog.
- Update the JIRA project ID and/or issue type.
- Test the connection [optional].
JIRA Alert Example