- In the Data Manager Sources+ panel, choose the source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note The streams associated to that source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Stream+ to display the Stream Query window.
Note If there are no Measures in the Stream Query, an editable Events Count column is automatically inserted in the Stream Table.
- Either Table data [Schema and Table]. To preview the Table data, click the Preview icon.
- Or Compose Query, to open the Query Editor.
Use the sample text and guidelines to build a query.
Click Preview Results > Run to see the results of the query.
Click Actual Query > Run to see the actual query [for debugging].
- To edit the query data, click the Pen icon in the Measures & Dimensions panel.
- To add either a measure or a dimension drag the item from the Available fields column to the relevant column. If the item is not displayed, Search for it.
- To add a Date, drag or search for a relevant field from the Available fields column.
- Anodot supports the following datatypes as timestamps:
- To edit the Schedule Records Collection, click the panel Pen icon.
- In Query every, set the intraday or daily collection interval.
- In Time Zone, choose a time zone according to which the records will be processed. The default is UTC.
- In Collect Since, choose a time span of records to query while initializing the stream.
- In Records Delay (Minutes), set the delay. The default is "0".
Note To minimize partial query results, set the delay according to the delay your internal process takes to prepare the data records.
- In Query Backfill Policy, set the backfill missing data records policy after stream initialization. The default is 100.
0 = Query only last day/hour
1 = Query previous and last day/hour
50 = Query previous 50 last days/hours
- Click X to apply the scheduling settings.
- Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed.