This article contains sections on:
CREATING A BIGQUERY DATA SOURCE
- In the Data Manager window, click Sources +.
- In the Source Types window, click START on the Google BigQuery tile.
- Sign in with your Google account.
- Allow anodot.com to access your Google account. The Stream Query window is displayed.
CREATING A BIGQUERY STREAM QUERY
If you have just created a BigQuery data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Data Manager Sources + panel, choose the BigQuery source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Streams + to display the Stream Query dialog box.
- Choose a Project.
- Choose a Data Set (optional).
- Click the Query Schedule Edit icon to open the Query Schedule page.
- In Query every, choose a query interval [5 minutes, 15 minutes, hour, day].
- In Time Zone, choose a time zone according to which the records will be processed. The default is UTC.
- In Collect Since, choose a time span of records to query while initializing the stream.
- In Delay (Minutes), set the delay. The default is "0".
Note To minimize partial query results, set the delay according to the delay your internal process takes to prepare the data records.
- In Query Backfill Policy, set the backfill missing data records policy after stream initialization. The default is 100.
0 = Query only last day/hour
1 = Query previous and last day/hour
50 = Query previous 50 last days/hours
- Click × to accept your query schedule and return to the Stream Query page.
- Click Compose Query to open the Query Editor.
- Use the sample text and guidelines to build a query.
- To use Standard SQL, deselect the Use Legacy SQL.
- Click Preview Query.
- Once you are satisfied with the query, click CONTINUE to return to the Stream Query page - the Dates, Measures and Dimensions are displayed.
- To edit any of the Measures & Dimensions, click Edit icon, to open the Measures & Dimensions page.
- Edit the parameters you want to change:
- Click × to accept the chosen parameters and return to the Stream Query page.
- Click NEXT to display the Stream Table.