This article describes the main steps required to create the Google Analytics data collector.
Creating a Google Analytics Data Source
- On the Data Management page, click + New Stream in the top right corner.
- In the displayed window, click Add a New Source.
- From the displayed list of data sources, hover over the Google Analytics icon and click Start. A Google Chrome dialog box is displayed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Creating a Google Analytics Stream Query
If you have just created a GA data source, skip to step 3.
- On the Data Management page, choose the GA source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Hover over the GA data source, and click + New Stream. The Stream Query page is displayed.
Note: The default Stream name includes a timestamp of when the stream was created. You can edit the name.
- In the Website Data panel, choose:
i. An account
ii. A property
iii. A view
4. In the Measures & Dimensions panel, choose:
i. A Template or choose measures and dimensions from scratch. The measures and dimensions are based on the template chosen. Use any template as a starting point and add/remove measures and dimensions according to your preferences for that stream.
- Anodot GA Collector supports custom measure and dimensions.
- A stream query requires a:
Minimum of 1 and a maximum 10 measures
Minimum of 0 and a maximum of 7 dimensions
ii. Choose Segments. The default value is All Users.
Note: Segments are displayed in the Stream Table in a Segment dimension column and can be fine tuned the same as any other dimension column.
5. Click the panel Pen icon to display the Measures & Dimensions dialog box.
6. To add a measure, either click Metrics +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available measures or key in parts of an existing measure name. The system will filter measures with that name.
7. To add a dimension, either click Dimensions +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available dimensions or key in parts of an existing dimension name. The system will filter dimensions with that name.
8. Repeat steps i and ii to adjust the measures and dimensions of your query.
Note: To clear a measure or a dimension, click the X by the measure/dimension.
9. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
10. To Edit the Historical & Live time properties in the query, click the panel Pen icon.The Historical & Live time properties window is displayed.
i. Choose a time scale [1 Hour/ 1 Day].
ii. Choose a historical time span.
Note: The default is Last 3 months/Last day. On an hourly time scale, the maximum span is one month.
iii. Choose a Minimal Delay - Minimum delay 2 hours/ maximum delay 48 hours.
iv. Choose a Maximal Delay - Select Golden data to wait until all the data has been received or a set number of hours up to 48 hours.
Note: For specific requirements, Anodot supports 15 and 30-minute intervals, and 0 minutes delay. However, this short interval can cause some of the templates to malfunction. To activate this option, contact email@example.com.
11. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
12. Review the Stream Query window to check the chosen stream data.
13. Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed.