This article contains sections on:
CREATING A GOOGLE ANALYTICS DATA SOURCE
- In the Data Manager window, click Sources +.
- In the Source Types window, click START on the tile. A Google Chrome dialog box is displayed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
CREATING A GOOGLE ANALYTICS STREAM QUERY
If you have just created a GA data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Data Manager Sources + panel, choose the GA source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Streams + to display the Stream Query dialog box.
Note: The default Stream name, GA STREAM 3/5/2018 15:34, is the timestamp of when the stream was created. You can edit the name.
- In the Website Data panel, choose:
i. An account
ii. A property
iii. A view
4. In the Measure & Dimensions panel, choose a Template. The measures and dimensions are based on the template chosen. Use any template as a starting point and add/remove measures and dimensions according to your preferences for that stream.
Note: Anodot GA collector supports custom measures and dimensions.
5. Click the panel Pen icon to display the Measures & Dimensions dialog box.
6. To add a measure, either click Metrics +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available measures or key in parts of an existing measure name. The system will filter measures with that name.
7. To add a dimension, either click Dimensions +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available dimensions or key in parts of an existing dimension name. The system will filter dimensions with that name.
8. Repeat steps i and ii to adjust the measures and dimensions of your query.
Note: To clear a measure or a dimension, click the X by the measure/dimension.
9. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
10. To Edit the Historical & Live time properties in the query, click the panel Pen icon.The Historical & Live time properties window is displayed.
i. Choose a time scale [1 Hour/ 1 Day].
ii. Choose a time span [Last month/Last 3 days/ Last week/ Last Month/ Last 3 months].
- The default is Last 3 months/Last day.
- On an hourly time scale the maximum span is one month.
11. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
12. Review the Stream Query window to check the chosen stream data.
13. Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed.