This article contains sections on:
UPLOADING A CSV FILE UPLOAD DATA SOURCE
- In the Data manager window, click Source +.
- In Sources Types window, click START on the icon.
- Navigate and open a CSV file. After the file is successfully uploaded, the Stream Query window is displayed.
Note The file must be formatted using RTF-8 encoding with ASCII character sets.
CREATING A CSV FILE UPLOAD STREAM QUERY
If you have just created a CSV file upload data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Data Manager Sources + panel, choose the CSV file upload source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Streams + to display the Stream Query dialog box.
- File Data is displayed in the File Upload panel. Click
To preview the uploaded file
To change parsing and import settings.
See Parsing and Import Settings for CSV files
- If there are row errors, they are listed in the File Upload panel.
- File Stream [date/time] is the default stream name. You can edit the name.
3. Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed. See Stream Tables.
If there are no measure columns in the Stream Query, an editable Events Count column is automatically inserted in the Stream Table.
EDITING A STREAM QUERY
- To edit a Stream Query, click the Edit Pen in the Stream Query Measures & Dimensions window.
- To add an item, drag from Available fields to the relevant Measures or Dimensions column.
Note At least one dimension and one measure [with a numerical value] are required.
- To clear an item, click the X icon on the item.
- Either choose a predefined date and time format from the drop-down menu or enter a user-defined date and time format.
- Choose a time zone. The time zone may be either from your browser, your file or a specific location.
Note The time stamp definition and the time pattern are required.
2. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
3. Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed. See Stream Tables
PARSING AND IMPORT SETTINGS
When uploading a CSV file, Anodot data analyzer detects parsing parameters.
To accept the system-detected parsing parameters, click X
SETTING CUSTOMER SPECIFIED PARSING PARAMETERS
You can set your own parameters. Set any of the following parameters:
In addition, you can set to
- Display header rows
- ignore empty lines
- Replace empty cells (fill with 'unknown')
Click APPLY to save the new settings.