Anodot is a real-time analytics and automated anomaly detection system that discovers outliers in vast amounts of time series data and turns them into valuable business insights. Using patented machine learning algorithms, Anodot isolates issues and correlates them across multiple parameters in real-time, eliminating business insight latency, and supporting rapid business decisions through its uncovered insights. With its scalable SaaS platform, Anodot provides typically siloed teams – BI, R&D and Devops – with a single, unified system for both business and IT metrics.
By adding a PagerDuty Channel for Anodot alerts, and sending Anodot alerts to PagerDuty, you enjoy the benefits of Anodot ML anomaly detection and alerting capabilities combined with PagerDuty alerting functionality implemented in your organization.
If you need help with this integration, please contact Anodot Support at email@example.com.
This article includes:
- Defining a PagerDuty Channel within Anodot
- Testing a PagerDuty Channel
- PagerDuty Alert Example
- Additional Features
Note: To set the PagerDuty channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
Defining a PagerDuty Channel within Anodot
- From the main Navigation Panel, choose INTEGRATIONS > Channels, to create a new channel. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel to create a new channel and select PagerDuty.
Alternatively, hover over the PagerDuty channel type in the main list of channel types, and click + New Channel.
- The New PagerDuty Channel dialog is displayed, informing you that a channel will be created per PagerDuty service you choose. Define the relevant settings, and click Create Channel.
Note: If the RBAC feature is enabled in your account, define the Access Settings (Select Everyone if you want all registered Anodot users to have access to the data in this channel, and select members already registered in Anodot. Select Selected Groups if you want to restrict access to the data in this channel to specific groups; in the displayed Who can access dropdown list, select the relevant groups).
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty login information and sign in.
- Choose the service(s) from the list of available services. We will create a channel for each service you choose in the list. Click Connect when done.
- Click Finish Integration.
Testing a PagerDuty Channel
To test a channel immediately upon creation or at any other time:
- From the main Navigation Panel, choose INTEGRATIONS > Channels.
- Click on the required channel type; the list of current channels for the selected type is displayed.
- Click Edit for the relevant channel.
- Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the channel is operational.
- In Anodot: The response will be displayed to the right of the Test Connection link.
- In PagerDuty a test incident will be created for the service.
PagerDuty Alert Example
Anodot's integration with PagerDuty also includes the following additional features:
- The ability to send metric charts to PagerDuty.
- The ability to send "alert updates" as "alert open" to PagerDuty.
These features can be seen in the example below:
For further information about how to activate either or both of these options, contact your Customer Success manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.