DEFINING A PAGERDUTY CHANNEL WITHIN ANODOT
- Login to Anodot as an Admin user.
- From the main Navigation panel, choose Management > Channels, to create a new channel. The Channels page is displayed.
- Click the New button to create a new channel and choose PagerDuty Instance.
- You will be redirected to PagerDuty. Enter your PagerDuty login information and click Authorize Integration.
- Choose the Integration from the pre-defined Anodot Integrations within PagerDuty, or create a new service and Integration.
- Click Finish Integration.
TESTING A PAGERDUTY CHANNEL
To test a channel immediately upon creation or at any other time:
- From the main Navigation panel, choose Management > Channels.
- Click on the required channel, a work panel is displayed.
- Click the Edit option.
- Choose a Time Zone. The Alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- Click the Test Instance link to verify that the channel is operational.
- In Anodot: The response will be displayed to the right of the Test Instance link
- In PagerDuty a test incident will be created for the service
LINKING THE CHANNEL TO EXISTING ALERTS
- From the main Navigation panel, choose Alerts.
- Click the required alert, to open a work panel, choose the Edit option.
- In the Recipients section, choose PagerDuty and choose the specific Instance which maps to the PagerDuty service. Repeat the process to add multiple services.
Is it possible to create a channel directly from an Alert?
Yes, to create a new channel from within an alert:
- In the Recipients section, choose PagerDuty from the Channel list and Add PagerDuty Instance in the Instance list.
- You are directed to PagerDuty login. Continue from step 4 in Defining a PagerDuty channel within Anodot.
PAGERDUTY ALERT EXAMPLE