This article describes how to integrate Anodot and webhooks, and includes:
- Creating a Webhook channel
- Alert Webhook formats (for more information about the different alert types and the payload they send to the webhook, see https://docs.anodot.com)
Note: To set the webhook channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
Creating a Webhook channel
To create a webhook recipient instance from the main Anodot page:
- From the Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel, and select Webhook.
- In the New Webhook Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter an Anodot Channel Name. Choose a name that easily identifies the webhook.
- Enter a URL. Note that when defining a new URL, the URL must be accessible. A good way to test your webhook is with a webhook testing service. A free alternative we recommend is https://webhook.site.
- Choose a Time Zone. The alert information in the webhook will be based on this time zone.
- [Optional] For additional security, click the Authentication link. Enter the User name and Password used for authentication.
- Click Test Connection to test the channel.
Note: To ensure the alerts are distributed correctly, make sure your Allowlist includes Anodot server IP addresses. See Allowlist Anodot Servers.