Time Range: The date range controls the time period of metrics or anomalies that are viewed in the dashboards, metrics and anomalies tabs. The range is according to the Last n Minutes, Hours, Days, Week, Months, and Year. You may also define a custom date range.
Time Scale: The span of time for which metrics are aggregated. Anodot aggregates metrics into 1 minute, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week intervals (available only to Beta feature testers - contact Anodot support if you would like to be included). Anodot also computes anomalies on each time scale independently. When viewing metrics in dashboards or the metrics tab, Anodot automatically selects the viewing time scale based on the Time Range selected. The time scale is marked with Auto. This setting can be overwritten.
To Change the Time Range
- Select a dashboard.
- Under the tabs in the upper left, open the Time Range drop-down list and select a time range.
- To reset to the default time range, close the tab and reopen the chart.
To Change the Time Scale
- Select a chart.
- Hover in the upper right corner of a chart until the Time Scale.
- Open the drop-down list and select a time scale.
- To reset the default time scale, select Auto or close the chart tab and reopen the dashboard.
To set a custom time range per tile, see Setting a Custom Tile Range per Chart or Meter Tile.