This article describes how to integrate Anodot and Slack, and includes:
Note: To set the Slack channel as the recipient when creating/editing alerts, see the instructions here.
Creating a Slack Recipient channel
- In Slack, follow the procedure to set up Incoming Webhook Integration.
- On the Slack home screen, click +Add an app or perform a custom integration by navigating to Configure > Custom Integrations > Incoming Webhooks > Add Configuration > Add Incoming WebHooks integration.
- Scroll down to the Integration Settings section and copy the WebHook URL.
- Run Anodot.
- From the main Navigation Panel, click INTEGRATIONS > Channels. The Channels page is displayed.
- In the top right corner, click + New Channel, and select Slack.
Alternatively, hover over the Slack channel type in the main list of channel types, and click + New Channel.
- In the New Slack Channel dialog, define the following:
- Enter a channel name.
- In the URL field, paste the Webhook URL copied in Step 1.
- Choose a Time Zone. The alert information will be displayed according to this time zone.
- Click Test Connection. If successful, the Test Passed message is displayed.