TO CREATE A CHART TILE
- Open a Dashboard.
- Click Add. Select Chart from the drop-down menu. A blank tile is added to the page.
- To name the tile, hover over the tile and click the Settings icon .
- Select Settings.
In the Chart Settings dialog box:
- Enter a Chart name
- [optional] Enter a web link. Converts the Chart name to a hyperlink to the specified link.
- Click Save
Note: To set a custom time range see Setting a Custom Time Range per Chart or Meter Tile.
- - To add metrics to the chart, click > Settings. The metric expressions definition panel opens. See Building Metric Expressions.
Note: The results of the parameters selected are immediately displayed in the chart.
- Click Save, the chart is automatically saved to the Dashboard.
CHANGING THE DASHBOARD TILE DISPLAY
To show/hide the metrics legend, click . The legend is interactive.
The options are:
- Show All / Hide All: Use the and icons to show or hide all metrics
- To show/hide specific metrics, select the metric in the legend
- Indicates that there is no data
- Table / Wrapped view: Use the / icons to toggle between table and wrapped view of the metrics in the legend
- To resize the chart to display more or less of the metrics, slide the legend slider up or down.
Time scale [Optional]
To define a different time scale for the tile metrics than the system-calculated Auto scale, select a time scale in the Auto drop-down menu.
Time scale is the minimum time interval between two data samples:
- - Auto - Anodot automatically chooses time scale based on requested Time Range
- - 1 Minute intervals
- - 5 Minutes intervals
- - 1 Hour intervals
- - 1 Day intervals
Changes to the Dashboard are automatically saved.
- To change the chart display settings, see Customizing a Chart.
- To move a tile, hover over the move icon to display a cross - drag the tile to a new location.
- To re-size a tile, hover over the lower right corner to display a grey triangle, drag it to re-size the tile.
TO DUPLICATE A TILE
Note: When a tile with an alert is duplicated, the alert is not duplicated.
TO EXPORT METRICS AND DATA
Click> Export to CSV.
Note: The csv fields are: Local time, Metric1 value, Metric2 value...MetricN value [N = the number of metrics displayed in the chart].
TO DELETE A TILE
A warning dialog box is displayed:
Click Delete if you are sure you want to delete.
Note: When a tile or a Dashboard containing tiles with alerts is deleted, the alert(s) are detached, not deleted. Alerts are retained in Anodot and will be triggered if and when they affect other metrics.