The Google Auction Insights collector enables you to further monitor your Google Ads reporting.
This article includes:
- Defining Google Auction reports
- Creating a Google Auction Insights data source
- Creating a Google Auction Insights stream query
Defining Google Auction reports
Before you create the data source and stream in Anodot, you need to define the Google Auction reports and schedule for use in Anodot.
Ensure the Anodot domain is added as an allowed domain so the relevant user can be added.
Add and confirm the Anodot user (confirmation is done automatically, but might take a few minutes).
In the Google Ads UI, navigate to Reports>Pre-defined reports>Auction Insights.
Define a daily schedule for the report.
Define the output as CSV.
Set the time the report is sent.
In the recipients list, make sure the email user you created in Step 2 is included.
Generate one report on the spot and download it. This file is used as a sample in the stream creation process (see Creating a Google Auction Insights stream query).
Creating a Google Auction Insights data source
- In the Navigation Panel, click Catalog.
- Use the Search box OR click the Business Packages filter to locate the data source.
- Hover over the Google Auction Insights tile, and click Start.
- In the displayed dialog follow the onscreen instructions (for example, you will be prompted to login to the relevant Google Ads account).
Creating a Google Auction Insights stream query
If you have just created a Google Auction Insights data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Sources page (accessed by clicking INTEGRATIONS > Sources in the Navigation Panel), filter the list of streams to find the Google Auction Insights source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Hover over the Google Auction data source, and click + New Stream. The Stream Query page is displayed.
- Define your stream query settings in the following sections:
- Stream Properties: Define a name and owner for the stream.
- Google Auction Report: Specify a report name and time zone, and click Select Sample File to select the sample file you created in Defining Google Auction reports. Anodot analyzes the file and determines the measures and dimensions.
- Select Use Case: Select from None or Impression Share.
- Review the Stream Query page to confirm your chosen stream data.
- Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed; see Stream Tables for more information.