The Alert Triage feature provides you with a guided approach to quickly analyze and resolve an incident. Triggered by an alert you get from Anodot, the Triage screen enables you to understand what happened, where it happened, and why it happened. Based on that, the Alert Triage feature also provides access to actions you defined on the alert, such as opening a Grafana dashboard, opening a Jira ticket, etc.
- Currently Triage only works on Anomaly alerts and not on No Data / Static alerts. This is a limitation which will be addressed in future releases.
- The Triage feature is not enabled in all accounts. If you would like to enable it in your account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your dedicated Customer Success Manager.
To access the Triage feature
- Accessing Triage can be done either directly from the Alert trigger (via email, Slack, etc.) or it can be initiated from the Alert Console.
- In the Alert Console, hover over the relevant alert, and click the More Info icon.
- In the displayed popup menu, select Triage.
- The Triage screen is displayed, as shown below. By default, the Overview tab is displayed, which provides a quick glance overview of the alert, including details on why and where the alert happened.
- Click the Incident tab OR the Where did it happen? box to investigate the alert dimensions.
- To view a breakdown of the dimensions in the alert, click on or hover over a dimension in the left of the Incident tab. You can also view the graphical range for the associated metrics by clicking on the relevant measure on the right side of the Incident tab (in the example below, BlendedCost).
- Click the Correlations tab OR the Why did it happen? box to view any correlated anomalies.
- To view a breakdown of the dimensions in the correlated anomalies, click on a dimension in the left of the Correlations tab. You can also view the associated metrics by clicking on the relevant measure on the right side of the Correlations tab (in the example below, there are four correlated metrics in the UnblendedCost measure). Click on a metric to view a graphical range of the metric.
- Click the Timeline tab to view a timeline of the alert.
- You can click a node in the timeline to view further information about that specific node.
- In the What to do next? box, click on any of the Actions to handle the alert further. For example, if you defined an action in the alert to open a Grafana dashboard, you can analyze the alert data further there.
- In the top right of the Triage screen, you can perform a number of additional actions, as described below.
Click to acknowledge the alert.
Click to apply the relevant feedback for the alert.
Click to copy a link to this investigation (to send to others).
Click, and then select Edit Alert. For more information about what you can edit, see Creating New Alerts.