CREATING A SALESFORCE DATA SOURCE
- In Anodot, from the main menu bar, click Streams > Source +.
- In Source Types, click START on the SalesForce tile to display the SalesForce login dialog box.
- Insert your SalesForce Username and Password.
- Click Log In.
CREATING A STREAM QUERY
Each Salesforce data stream can use one of two collection modes, depending on the way you set it up:
Retroactive mode - Collecting historical data, as well as data from this point in time onward. This mode is only enabled if you provide a date/time field during the setup of your Data Stream.
Snapshot mode - Collecting data from this point in time onward. Anodot needs a timestamp for each sample, so the time in which Anodot queries the data (i.e. the Snapshot time) will be used as the sample timestamp.
If you just created a new SalesForce source, skip to step 3.
- In the Streams Source+ panel, choose the SalesForce source to which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with the chosen source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Streams+ to display the Stream Query SalesForce page.
- Under Stream Filters:
- Either choose an Object from the drop-down menu. The list of fields in the object are displayed in the Measures and Dimensions panel.
- Or choose Compose Query to open the Query Editor. Use the sample text and guidelines to build a query.
- Click the Query Schedule Edit icon to display the Query Schedule page. Choose a:
i. Query frequency [Hourly/Daily]
ii. Historical Time Span [Optional]
Note: A timestamp field must be designated as a Date in Measures & Dimensions in step 5.
- To select Measures & dimensions, click the panel Edit pen.
- To add parameters to a query, drag them from the Available fields to:
i. Date [Optional] - you can change the historical time span of records to query in Query Schedule - see step 4.
- Click × to accept the chosen parameters and return to the Stream Query page.
- Click NEXT to display the Stream Table.
- Click STREAM-IT.
REVIEWING THE DATA IN A STREAM TABLE
- Open the Streams page.
- Choose the stream that you want to review or edit.
- Click the More icon > Edit.