When creating an alert, you can define to dynamically route the alert according to specific dimension values. This can be especially useful for routing alerts to specific users, for example, account managers of a specific country or region.
To dynamically route an alert:
- When defining alert notifications for an alert, select the Use Dynamic Routing for this alert checkbox.
- From the Select Dimension dropdown list, select the relevant dimension. The dimensions displayed are relevant for the metrics defined for the alert; for example, Country.
- Click the Attach a Lookup Table button to select a lookup table already uploaded into the Anodot system. Click Select Table to attach the lookup table to the alert.
The alert, when triggered, will now be routed to the relevant users.
- You can select an existing lookup table as your routing instructions, or upload a new one.
- The lookup table must be in CSV format, and consist of two columns with a maximum of 10,000 rows.
- The values in the left column (the input column) must be unique.
- Column headers are not permitted.
- The Anodot API can also be used to upload dynamic routing tables and lookup tables.
- Dynamic routing only supports mail addresses as recipients.
- Attached to this article is a sample CSV file where the dimension is country and according to the country, the alert is routed to a specific mail. Notice that there is no header row - just the dimension values and recipients.