When creating an alert, you can define to dynamically route the alert according to specific dimension values. This can be especially useful for routing alerts to specific users, for example, account managers of a specific country or region.
To dynamically route an alert:
- When defining alert notifications for an alert, select the Use Dynamic Routing for this alert checkbox.
- From the Select Dimension dropdown list, select the relevant dimension. The dimensions displayed are relevant for the metrics defined for the alert; for example, Country.
- Click the Attach a Routing Table button to select a dynamic routing table already uploaded into the Anodot system.
- Click Select Table to attach the dynamic routing table to the alert.
The alert, when triggered, will now be routed to the relevant users.
- You can select an existing dynamic routing table as your routing instructions, or upload a new one.
- The dynamic routing table must be in CSV format, and consist of two columns with a maximum of 10,000 rows.
- The values in the left column (the input column) must be unique.
- Column headers are not permitted.
- The Anodot API can also be used to upload dynamic routing tables.
- Dynamic routing only supports mail addresses as recipients - however, you may use multiple email addresses per dimension, by providing a list of emails separated by a semi-colon (;). See example below.
Attached to this article are two sample CSV files where the dimension is country and according to the country, the alert is routed to a specific mail. The first one use single mails and the second uses multiple mails per dimension value.
Notice that there is no header row - just the dimension values and recipients.