To stream data either from a web site source or to upload a file from your local drive, select Streams from the Navigation panel.
The Streams window displays both the Data sources and stream queries.
The data sources are displayed in the Sources + panel.
- To view a stream's data source, select the data source in the Sources + panel, click the More icon > View.
- To rename or delete a source, click the More icon select [Rename/Delete].
- To display a source's stream queries, select it, the streams are displayed in the Streams panel.
Adding New Data Sources
- In the Streams window, click Sources+ to display the Source Types page.
2. Select a data source. Click:
- Start and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Instructions to open the relevant Knowledge Base instruction page.
Note If you do not see your data source, use Search.
The current status of stream queries are shown in the Streams + panel. To view, change the status or edit the query, highlight the stream query you want to change and click the More icon.
Each query status may be changed as follows:
|Live||Historical data gathered or live data being gathered||
|In Progress||Gathering historical data, that has not reached the present date||
|Paused||A Live or Initialized data stream was paused by a user||
|Incomplete||The Stream definition has not been completed||
|Completed||For Uploaded files only - streaming completed||
|Error||The stream is in an error state||
Creating Stream Queries
Each source can hold several stream queries. To create new :queries
- Define a Stream Query per the requirements of the data source:
- Data to collect: measures, dimensions and timestamp
- A Collection scheduling
See Creating a Stream Query from a Database or the guidelines for the specific data source.
Note: To create more meaningful metrics, you can transform and filter the measures and dimensions from the data collectors before streaming the data.
See Stream Tables Measure Columns and Dimension Columns