To stream data either from a web site source or to upload a file from your local drive, select Data Collectors from the Navigation panel; the Data Manager is displayed.
- To display a source's stream queries, select it - the streams are displayed in the Streams panel.
- To rename or delete a source, click the More icon select [Rename/Delete].
To Add a New Source
- In the Data Manager window, click Sources+ to display the Source Types page.
- Select a data source. Click:
- Start and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Instructions to open the relevant Knowledge Base instruction page.
Note Use Search if you do not see your data source.
Historical data gathered or live data being gathered - stream can be viewed and paused or deleted.
Gathering historical data, has not reached 'today' - stream can be paused or deleted.
User paused data gathering of a live or initializing stream.
The definitions of the Stream are not complete - stream can be edited, duplicated or deleted.
Only for uploaded files. Streaming completed - the stream can be viewed, duplicated or deleted.
Indicates that the stream is in an error state.
- Hover over the error icon to display a tooltip description of the error
- To resume streaming, click the More icon > Resume
- To see the stream metrics in the Metrics window, click a Live or Paused stream.
- To view a Live or Completed stream summary [See Viewing Stream Summaries] or change the status of the stream, click the More icon.
CREATING A STREAM
Each source can hold several streams. Each stream is created in two steps:
- Defining the Stream Query
- Data to collect: measures, dimensions and timestamp
- Collection scheduling
Based on your Stream Query, Anodot creates a Stream Table which displays:
- A time stamp column
- 'What' columns
- Properties columns
- An estimate of the number of metrics the query will create
- Your account balance of used and available metrics.
To create more meaningful metrics, you can transform the dimensions by replacing text or extracting Regex prefixes and suffixes before streaming the data.