AWS Cost Monitoring is based on the collected data from CUR files.
This article describes how to enable the creation of a data source and cross-account AWS role to provide Anodot with access to the CUR files, and includes the following:
- Creating CUR report files in AWS
- For information on providing read access for Anodot using a cross-account AWS role, see here
Creating CUR report files in AWS
- Determine the destination bucket for the CUR reports. This could be an existing S3 bucket or a new one you create especially for this purpose.
- The bucket should have the policy to allow the AWS service to write the CUR files there, as shown in the example code below. This is also explained in the AWS CUR documentation.
- Create the CUR reports according to AWS guidelines. Note that some Anodot preferences need to be defined in order to correctly use the file:
- Include Resource ID in the report
- Give the report a name and a path
- Set the time granularity to “Hourly”
- Report versioning; choose the option to deliver each new report in addition to previous reports
- Set the report type as CSV