Alerts are notifications of metric events triggered by anomalies, no data, or deviations from a static value.
To easily and quickly create new alerts based on your stream settings use the +New Alerts option in the Alerts Console or Alerts Management pages, as detailed in the following walkthrough.
- Navigate to the Alerts Console or Alerts Management pages from the Anodot navigation menu.
- Click the +New Alert button; the Create a New Alert dialog box opens.
- Select a measure. Note that if a measure appears in more than one stream, first select the measure, click the measure row and select a stream.
- [Optional] Select up to 3 dimensions.
- Choose if you want the alert to be triggered when there are spikes, drops or spikes and drops in the measure.
- Set how often you want to receive the alert.
Note: If there is enough information, a simulated estimate of alerts is displayed.
- Click Create. An Alert Created message is displayed.
For further details (including advanced options) on how to create alerts, see Creating New Alerts.