As you start sending your metrics to Anodot, our algorithms will automatically start learning them to determine their normal range (aka ‘baseline’). Any deviation from this normal pattern will be detected in Anodot’s system as an Anomaly.
Naturally, not all anomalies are expected to be equally informative. In order to be notified only on relevant anomalies, you will first have to create an Alert. The alert will trigger once a set of conditions has been satisfied for a given anomaly, and you will be notified on it via a dedicated channel (email, Slack etc).
A repository of all triggered alerts is available to you via the Alert Console. Here, you will also find two feedback buttons: Good Catch and Not Interesting.
By logging feedback on triggered alerts, you are helping us to provide you with a better experience and value, because:
- Each ‘not interesting’ feedback is reviewed by our Customer Success team, who will fine-tune the relevant alert settings to prevent such false positives from recurring.
- A monthly feedback report will be sent to selected Admins, highlighting the value Anodot is generating for your business. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in getting this report to your inbox.
- All feedback is fed back into our algorithms to improve our anomaly detection engine.
To provide our team with a better understanding of why was the alert ‘not interesting’, it is highly recommended to indicate one of the following reasons:
- No Business Impact - A real anomaly, yet not relevant from a business perspective
- Incorrect Data - the data in Anodot is not valid / aligned with your database records
- Not an Anomaly - this is the normal behavior of the data, Anodot should have learned it
And, while this is optional, we deeply encourage our users to provide us with any other relevant information:
Wait! there’s more!
Here are a few other ways to provide feedback on Anodot alerts:
- While 'investigating' the anomaly in the anoboard:
- From within the email message:
- From within the Slack notification:
- From within the MSteams webhook:
- From within the Opsgenie webhook: