Our algorithms work relentlessly on creating a baseline for each and every metric. However, there are a few possible reasons for a missing baseline:
Data related reasons:
- Is it a newly streamed metric? It takes some time for a new baseline to initialize for a new metric. Baseline creation times (by time scale) can be found here.
- Discrete metrics: Metrics with less than 5 unique integer values are tagged as “discrete” and we currently do not support baseline creation for them.
Display related reasons:
- Are you using a function in metric search? We do not support baseline display for metrics with functions applied on top of them in metric search.
- Are you looking at metrics in Collapsed view? while in collapsed view, metrics are displayed on top of each other and we remove their baselines to avoid confusing overlap. To see baselines you can either:
- Switch to "Expanded view"
- Or, If you wish to examine the baseline for a specific metric while in this view, you can click the "hide all metrics" button, and click again on the desired metric to see its baseline: