The Google Ads Collector enables you to collect and monitor main Google Adwords KPIs. This article includes:
- Creating a Google Adwords Data Source - Connect to your Adwords account.
- Creating a Google Adwords Stream - Choose one of the existing templates
Alerts and dashboards will be created automatically. You can edit the alerts and dashboards or create your own.
Creating a Google Adwords Data Source
- On the Data Management page, click + New Stream in the top right corner.
- In the displayed dialog, click Add a New Source.
- Then click Start on the Google Adwords tile.
The Google dialog box is displayed, requesting permission to access your Google Adwords accounts. Follow the on-screen instructions to enable access.
Note: The Google account you provide needs to have read access to your Google Ads accounts.
Creating a Google Adwords Stream
If you have just created a Google Adwords data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Data Management page, filter the list of streams to find the Google Ads source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the streams panel is empty, no streams exist for that source.
- Hover over the Google Ads data source, and click + New Stream. The Stream Query page is displayed.
- Define the following:
- Select the account from the list of available Google Adwords accounts.
- Select the use case from the available use cases (Conversion Analysis, Account Performance or Campaign and AdGroup Performance).
- Set the scheduling parameters: click the pencil icon to define the Collect Files Every, Delay (Minutes) (default is 45 minutes), and Collect Since (default is Last 7 Days) values.
Note: If you select Hourly from the Collect Files Every list of options, the historical options to query the stream will no longer be available; the scheduling will only apply from this moment onwards. Contact Customer Support for further details.
In addition, select the Daily Accumulation checkbox if you want to preserve backward compatibility. When creating a new stream we recommend keeping it unchecked.
- Click NEXT to collect data and move to the Stream table.
- In the Stream Table page:
- Click Stream-It to stream the metrics.
- We will create the Required Alerts and Dashboard for you; they will be available once the stream is live.