The Google Ads Collector enables you to collect and monitor main Google Adwords KPIs. This article includes:
- Creating a Google Ads Data Source - Connect to your Adwords account.
- Creating a Google Ads Stream - Choose one of the existing templates.
Alerts and dashboards will be created automatically. You can edit the alerts and dashboards or create your own.
Creating a Google Ads Data Source
- In the Navigation Panel, click Catalog.
- Use the Search box OR click the Business Packages filter to locate the data source.
- Hover over the Google Ads tile, and click Start.
Note: If the data source has already been used, a dialog is displayed in which you can select from one of the listed sources. Alternatively, create a new source by clicking Add a new source.
- In the displayed dialog, follow the onscreen instructions, namely requesting permission to access your Google Adwords accounts.
Note: The Google account you provide needs to have read access to your Google Ads accounts.
Creating a Google Ads Stream
If you have just created a Google Ads data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Sources page (accessed by clicking INTEGRATIONS > Sources in the Navigation Panel), filter the list of streams to find the Google Ads source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the streams panel is empty, no streams exist for that source.
- Hover over the Google Ads data source, and click + New Stream. The Stream Query page is displayed.
- Define the following:
- Select the account from the list of available Google Adwords accounts.
- Select the use case from the available use cases (Conversion Analysis, Account Performance or Campaign and AdGroup Performance).
- Set the scheduling parameters: click the pencil icon to define the Collect Files Every, Delay (Minutes) (default is 45 minutes), and Collect Since (default is Last 7 Days) values.
Note: Select the Daily Accumulation checkbox if you want to preserve backward compatibility. When creating a new stream we recommend keeping it unchecked.
- Click NEXT to collect data and move to the Stream table.
- In the Stream Table page:
- Click Stream-It to stream the metrics.
- We will create the Required Alerts and Dashboard for you; they will be available once the stream is live.