The GroupBy function is one of the most commonly used in Anodot. Most often, it is used to aggregate multiple metrics by summing them, or averaging them across one or more properties. However, other aggregation methods are available as well.
For example, aggregating metric by Count will sum the number of all metrics reported for any given time scale.
The difference between Count and Sum is explained below:
- Metric A - Animals_puzzle, mobile, Android: 50 clicks
- Metric B - Princess_puzzle, mobile, Android: 20 clicks
- Metric C - Magic_puzzle, mobile, Android: 130 clicks
- Use case: Detect a drop in clicks in specific device\OS.
- Use case: Detect anomaly in the number of active games.