ANODOT USE OF GOOGLE SERVICE ACCOUNTS
For more information on Google service accounts, see Understand Service Accounts.
AUTHENTICATING WITH A SERVICE ACCOUNT
- Create a service account for your application, according to the service’s required credentials.
- Enable the roles listed in the table below for the service account to enable Anodot to collect the required data.
Service Required Roles Google Analytics Read & Analyze Google BigQuery BigQuery Data Viewer
Google Cloud Storage Object Viewer
- Save the exported credentials to a JSON file.
- Choose the JSON file when you create the Anodot Data Source.
EXAMPLE: SETTING UP A SERVICE FOR GOOGLE BIGQUERY
Create a Service Account
- Go to Google Cloud Platform: Credentials
- Click “Create Credentials”, choose “Service Account Key”.
Granting permissions to the Service Account
- Go to dashboard:
a/ Check that Google BigQuery API is enabled for this project
b/ If not, click Enable API and enable BigQuery API for this project
- Grant the Service Account the necessary IAM Permissions to create queries on your behalf:
a/ Go to Google Cloud Platform: IAM & Admin
b/ Click the Add button. a dialog will open.
c/ Fill the email of the service account.
d/ Select both roles:
- BigQuery -> BigQuery User, and
- BigQuery -> BigQuery Data Viewer
- Create a JSON credentials file.