The Alerts Console is the repository of all your Anodot alerts.
On the Console page you can:
- Filter the alerts. If the Filter panel is not displayed, click the Filters button
- Set the Refresh rate, access Alerts Management and create new alerts
- Acknowledge Alerts
- Investigate Alerts
- Tune Alerts
- Send us feedback
- To show/hide metric graphs, click anywhere within the alert row.
- To change the sort order of any of the alert parameters, hover over the column heading.
- To display the full name of a truncated alert, hover over it.
- To see the exact Start Time / Updated Time of an alert, hover over it.
- indicated open alerts.
Information on the Console is displayed by:
|Title||The name assigned when configuring the alert|
|Start Time||When the anomaly started|
|Updated Time||The last time an alert was updated|
|Duration||The total time from when the anomaly first started to the last time it was updated|
|Score||The Metric anomaly significance score|
|Metrics||The total number of metrics in the alerts notification|
|Severity||The designated severity level|
To show/hide the Filters panel, click the Filters button. The Alerts Console can be filtered using any combination of the following parameters:
To View the Filters Applied
Hover over the Filters button to display a summary of the filters used.
Alerts which are being watched either by you or other users are Acknowledged.
- To acknowledge/dis-acknowledge an Alert, hover over the Alert you want to watch/not watch, click the Acknowledge icon .
- The alert is moved to the top of the Alerts Console.
- To see who is watching an alert, hover over the Acknowledge icon to the left of the Start Time.
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be investigated from the Console page.
- Hover over the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Investigate.
See Investigating Anomalies
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be tuned from the Console page.
- Hover over the the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Tune Alert.
See Alerts Overview
When Snooze is activated alerts are not sent. Snooze stops alerting metric anomalies in the context of the alert for a specific time frame.
Note The same metric may fire alerts when used in another alert.
Use Snooze when you anticipate a metric behaving anomalously; for example when you know that there's going to be a planned downtime or a partner stopped working with a particular version.
To snooze an alert:
- Hover over the alert row you want to set snooze.
- Click the Snooze Alert icon .
- Choose from the drop-down menu:
- Either a set Standard time-frame for all the metrics in the alert
- Or Custom to stop selected metrics from those triggered in the alert for a specified time-period.
- Select which metrics to Snooze.
- Select which metrics to Pause Learning.
Note By default, Anodot pauses normal behavior learning while a metric is snoozed as we do not want to learn behavior when a user implies that the behavior is not relevant - by deselecting Pause Learning Anodot will continue to learn behavior, as it usually does.
- In the Custom Snooze dialog box, check mark:
- Snooze Alerts and Pause Learning to pause alerts and learning behavior (default): on the Alerts Console;
- Pause Learning to pause learning only: on the Alerts Console;
- Snooze to pause alerts only [deselect Pause Learning]: on the Alerts Console.
- All users can snooze alerts.
- To end Snooze, click the Snooze Alert icon > End Snooze.
- The date under the Snooze icon on the Console page indicates when the snooze period will end; the metrics will re-trigger the alert
SEND US FEEDBACK