The Console is the repository of all your Anodot alerts. From the Console you can:
- To create a new alert, click the + icon.
- To collapse the filter panel, click × on the filter panel.
In the Alerts Console, alerts are displayed by:
Title - The name assigned when configuring the alert.
Indicates that the alert is Open.
Start Time - When the anomaly started. To see the exact date and time the anomaly started, hover over the Start Time.
Update Time - The last time an alert was updated.
- The alerts can be sorted either in ascending or descending order by clicking the up/down arrows by Update Time.
- To see the exact date and time the anomaly was last updated, hover over the Update Time.
Duration - The total time from when the anomaly first started to the last time it was updated.
Score - The Metric anomaly significance score.
Metrics - The total number of metrics in the alerts notification. To view the metric graphs, click anywhere within the alert row. To hide the graphs, click again within the alerts row.
Severity - The alert severity level as defined by the user.
Alerts - Indicates the total number of alerts sent within the specified Date range.
Snooze stops metrics which are fired as part of an alert from being sent to the defined recipients for the specified time period.
To snooze an alert
- Hover over the alert row you want to set snooze.
- Click the Snooze Alert icon.
- Choose from the drop-down menu:
- Either a set Standard time-frame for all the metrics in the alert
- Or Custom to stop selected metrics from those triggered in the alert for a specified time-period.
- All users can snooze an alert.
- To end snooze, click the Snooze Alert icon > End Snooze.
- The time under the Snooze icon indicates when the snooze period will end; the metrics will re-trigger the alert.
Alerts which are being watched either by you or other users are Acknowledged.
- To acknowledge an Alert, hover over the row to be watched, click the Acknowledge icon. The alert is moved to the top of the Alerts Console. A blue icon is displayed. '1' indicates you are the only one watching the alert. A higher number indicates the number of other users watching the alert. To see who else is watching the alert, hover over the blue button - a tooltip displays the names of the other users.
- To dis-acknowledge an alert, click the blue button in the relevant alert row.
Alerts watched by other users, but not by you, are shown under Alerts. To see who is watching the alert, hover over the white initialed or numbered button - a tooltip displays the names of the users.
FILTERING ALERTS ON THE CONSOLE
You can filter the alerts displayed on the Console page by:
Date Range - The default is Last 24 hours.
Status - The default is All.
Channels & Users - The default is the current user.
- Filter settings are auto-saved as your default filter settings. They can be updated at any time.
- To collapse the Filter panel, click ×.
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be investigated from the Console.
- Hover over the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Investigate.
See Investigating Anomalies
Anomaly and Static Threshold Alerts can be tuned from the Console.
- Hover over the the alerts row, to display the More icon.
- Click the More icon > Tune Alert.
See Alerts Overview