This article contains sections on:
CREATING A GOOGLE ANALYTICS DATA SOURCE
- In the Streams window, click Sources +.
- In the Source Types window, click START on the tile. A Google Chrome dialog box is displayed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
CREATING A GOOGLE ANALYTICS STREAM QUERY
If you have just created a GA data source, skip to step 3.
- In the Stream Sources + panel, choose the GA source for which you want to create a stream query.
Note: The streams associated with that source are displayed. If the Streams panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
- Click Streams + to display the Stream Query dialog box.
Note: The default Stream name includes timestamp of when the stream was created. You can edit the name.
- In the Website Data panel, choose:
i. An account
ii. A property
iii. A view
4. In the Measures & Dimensions panel, choose:
i. A Template or choose measures and dimensions from scratch. The measures and dimensions are based on the template chosen. Use any template as a starting point and add/remove measures and dimensions according to your preferences for that stream.
Note: Anodot GA collector supports custom measures and dimensions.
ii. Choose Segments. The default value is All Users.
Note Segments are displayed in the Stream Table in a Segment dimension column and can be fine tuned the same as any other dimension column.
5. Click the panel Pen icon to display the Measures & Dimensions dialog box.
6. To add a measure, either click Metrics +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available measures or key in parts of an existing measure name. The system will filter measures with that name.
7. To add a dimension, either click Dimensions +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available dimensions or key in parts of an existing dimension name. The system will filter dimensions with that name.
8. Repeat steps i and ii to adjust the measures and dimensions of your query.
Note: To clear a measure or a dimension, click the X by the measure/dimension.
9. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
10. To Edit the Historical & Live time properties in the query, click the panel Pen icon.The Historical & Live time properties window is displayed.
i. Choose a time scale [1 Hour/ 1 Day].
ii. Choose an historical time span.
- The default is Last 3 months/Last day.
- On an hourly time scale the maximum span is one month.
iii. Choose a Minimal Delay - Minimum delay 2 hours/ maximum delay 48 hours.
iv. Choose a Maximal Delay - Select Golden data to wait until all the data has been received or a set number of hours up to 48 hours.
11. Click X to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
12. Review the Stream Query window to check the chosen stream data.
13. Click NEXT. The Stream Table is displayed.