Anodot has two types of Tokens - "Data Collection Keys" and "Access Keys".
The Data Collection Key is unique per customer, created when the customer account is created and is used in order to send data into Anodot by the different collectors and streams the customer would like to monitor.
Access Keys are created by the customer in order to enable API-based integrations. A customer can have multiple Access Keys. See below on how to create and manage the access keys for your account.
Anodot Data Collection Key
To view your Data Collection key, from the main Navigation panel, choose Settings > API Tokens. A list of the existing API Tokens is displayed.
- Use this token when sending metrics to Anodot.
- This token is used by Anodot legacy APIs.
Token creation and management is limited to admin users. Tokens created in Anodot should be copied and forwarded to developers to be used as a refresh token in the code.
To create an Access key token:
- From the main Navigation panel, choose Settings > API Tokens.
- Enter a name in the Access Keys: Name field.
- Click +Add. The new token is automatically displayed in the API Tokens list.
Note: Token names in black are active/names in red have been revoked.
To use a token:
- Hover over the Token number to display the Copy to clipboard icon; click to copy to the clipboard.
- Use in your own code.
To revoke a token and limitations:
To revoke a token, click ×.
Revoked tokens are kept for historical purposes.
- Before an admin user is deleted, their tokens can either be delegated to another admin user or deleted.
- Revoked tokens cannot be used to refresh access tokens.