In this video you will learn how to Fine Tune an alert using the alert settings.
TO DEFINE AN ANOMALY ALERT
IMPORTANT For an alert to be triggered, all the settings and conditions must be met. To set anomaly alert conditions, see Setting Anomaly Alert Conditions.
- Create an Anomaly Alert. See Setting Alert Types.
- Set the basic parameters:
i. Set the metric data Time Scale interval [1 min/5 min/1 hr/1 day/1 week].
Note The Time Scale is span of time for which metrics are aggregated. Anodot also computes anomalies on each time scale independently. When viewing metrics in dashboards or the metrics tab, Anodot automatically selects the viewing time scale based on the Time Range selected. The time scale is marked with Auto. This setting can be overwritten.
ii. Set the Minimum Duration.
• Select a time period [Min/Hrs/Day/Week]
• Move the slide bar to select the number of time periods
iii. Set the Direction when you want to alerted when an anomaly is triggered. The default is Up & Down.
To modify additional parameters:
- Click Advanced to display additional settings.
- Set the Significance Score of the Alert. Significance is Anodot’s assessment of how important an anomaly is. Importance is determined by how much and for how long the metric deviated from the expected pattern compared to past anomalies of the metric.
- Set the Minimum Delta of the metric value. The minimum delta can set either as an absolute value, or as a percentage or both. [Optional].
Note If Auto calculate is selected, Anodot sets a default minimum delta of 10% of the 90th percentile of the average values of the metrics in the alert. In case of a single metric, the Min Delta is 10% of its average value. The minimum delta is recalculated and updated a periodically.
- To send an alert when there is No Data for at least a specified period of time, click YES, select the value of the periods and the type of period.
Note: the default is for alerts not to be sent if there is no data
- To Correlate Events to the anomalies in the alert, select YES. [Optional]
- The default is for Events not to be correlated with anomalies.
- To include Events in alert notifications, Correlates Events must be set to YES.
The All Events panel is displayed in the Alert settings window. Use the Filter on the panel to select which events you want to correlate with the Alert. To view filter and search Events, see Viewing Events in Dashboards.
- Send Alert On, select
- OPEN & CLOSE to notify when an anomaly is detected and when the anomaly closes [Default]
- OPEN to notify only when an anomaly is detected
- To receive email Alert status and update notifications, select Yes:
- Set a minimum interval (in minutes) between alert updates.
- In the email alerts notification, updates are grouped by these update types:
Alert Updated (metric closed)
Alert Updated (metric added)
Alert Updated (direction changed)
Alert Updated (alert added to incident)
- Enable auto tuning by Anodot is the default setting.
Anodot will respond when changes are detected and automatically tune alerts accordingly.