IMPORTANT For an alert to be triggered, all the settings and conditions must be met.
- Create a Static Threshold Alert. See Setting Alert Types.
- Set the basic parameters:
i. Set the metric data Time Scale interval [1 min/5 min/1 hr/1 day/1 week].
The Time Scale is span of time for which metrics are aggregated. In addition, Anodot computes anomalies on each time scale independently. When viewing metrics in dashboards or the metrics tab, Anodot automatically selects the viewing time scale based on the Time Range selected. The time scale is marked with Auto. This setting can be overwritten.
ii. [Optional] The default minimum duration of a Static Alert is 2 times the selected time scale. To change the Minimum Duration:
• Select a time period [Min/Hrs/Day/Week]
• Move the slide bar to select the number of time periods
- Click to display the additional settings.
- Set Metric value:
• Select to Alert if the metric value is larger than or equal to the value you
• Select to Alert if the metric value is smaller than or equal to the value you set
- [Optional] To send an Alert when there is No data for at least X [minutes/hours/days/weeks], select Yes and then the time.
Note The default is for alerts not to be sent if there is no data.
- Set a minimum interval, in minutes, between which to Send Updates on Alert.
Note: The update notifies the user of all metric movements across the threshold while the alert is open, be it a new metric that crossed the threshold, or if a metric went back to its normal state. The Alert update aggregates the changes and sends a report at the designated interval; for example every 15 minutes in the example above.
Alert update reports are sent only if there are changes.
- [Optional] To Correlate Events to the anomalies in the alert, select YES.
- The default is for Events not to be correlated with anomalies.
- To include Events in alert notifications, Correlates Events must be set to YES.
The All Events panel is displayed in the Alert settings window. Use the Filer on the panel to select which events you want to correlate with the Alert. To view filter and search Events, see Viewing Events in Dashboards.
6. Send Alert On, select
- OPEN & CLOSE to notify when the defined anomaly threshold is breached; waive notification on return to normal state.
- OPEN to notify only when an anomaly threshold is breached.
7. Enable Auto Tuning by Anodot is the default setting.
Anodot will respond when changes are detected and automatically tune alerts accordingly.