In the Metrics window metric expressions can be saved :
- As composite metrics
- To the Dashboard
- To create an Alert
SAVE AS COMPOSITE METRIC
1. Create a composite metric in the Metrics window. See Creating Composite Metrics.
2. Click Save > Save as Composite Metric.
Note: Save as Composite Metric is enabled only if the metric expression meets the requirements of a composite metric.
The Save Composite dialog box is displayed.
3. Enter a unique title in the Title field.
4. In the What are you measuring (what=) field either leave as-is [by default the name entered in the Title field] or enter a more meaningful name of what is being measured. [Displayed only if 'what' is selected in the metric's panel].
5. [Optional] To include Additional Properties, click More Details. You can select from the proposed additional common properties of the functions displayed and/or type a new property[ies] based on your needs.
6. Click OK to validate the composite metric.
Note: Each metric name is displayed on a separate line. To display the full name of a metric, hover over it, a tooltip is displayed, showing the complete name.
TO THE DASHBOARD
1. Create a metric expression. See Creating Metric Expressions.
2. Click Save > Save to Dashboard. The Save to Dashboard dialog box is displayed.
3. Either save to an Existing Dashboard - select from the Select Dashboard drop-down menu
or click New and type a unique name in the Dashboard name field. .
4. Enter a Tile Name.
5. [Optional] Enter a web link. Converts the Tile name to a hyperlink to the specified link.
6. Click OK. The Metric is saved to an existing or new Dashboard, depending on your choice in step 3.
TO CREATE AN ALERT
1. Create a metric in the Metrics window. See Creating Metric Expressions.
2. Click Save >Create Alert.
3A. If there is no composite function in the metric, the New Alert window is displayed, with the Metric Expression field filled in the the metric expression name.
See Setting Alert Types.
3B. If the metric includes a composite definition, the Save Composite Definition dialog box is displayed.
i. Enter a unique name in the Name field.
ii. [Optional] Enter a name in the What are you measuring (what=) field.
iii. [Optional] Additional Properties Select from the proposed additional common properties of the functions displayed and/or type a new property[ies] which are of specific interest to you.
iv. Click OK, to display the New Alert window. See Setting Alert Types.
- The Metrics Expression is the metric definition.
- The Info Name is the name of the Alert, as it appears in the All Alerts window .