A Composite Metric is a new, higher-level metric expression in Anodot based on your current metrics to which you apply arbitrary, specified mathematical transformation functions. A user-defined composite metric can be used and searched like an other metric when creating metric expressions anywhere in the system. Therefore they can be used when creating Dashboard charts and metrics, creating other metric expressions in the Metrics window in Alerts and in defining anomalies.
- Creating new composite metrics with existing ones is not supported.
- The definition of existing composite metrics cannot be changed. To make changes, Duplicate it, make the changes and save under a new name.
COMPOSITE METRICS MUST HAVE
- At least one wrapper function - a function, filter, or transformation applied to base metrics to create a composite metric.
- One or more property filters – One or more filters for refining the base metrics included in the composite.
COMPOSITE METRICS CAN BE CREATED IN THE FOLLOWING WINDOWS
- Alerts [Alerts > New]
- Composite Management [Composite Management > New]
The procedure to create composite metrics is the same in all cases. Use the Metrics workspace in each of the windows to try out, explore and build combinations of functions, parameters and filters before saving the composite metric.