Dependency groups prevent a user from selecting selector values that yield empty search results, so that when two or more selectors are in the same dependency groups, any chosen values from the drop-down selection will yield a nonempty result.
When selecting a specific value in a selector it will filter out values from all other selectors in the same dependency group. The values that will be filters are values that do no exist in the group of metrics that contain the selector chosen value.
- s1, s2 and s3 selectors in the same group
- user selects value v1 for selector s1, now the available values for selectors s2 and s3 are values that only exist in the metrics contained in value v1.
Typically a single Dependency Group, [Dependency Group A] is sufficient.
TO CHANGE DEPENDENCY GROUPS
- To open the Dashboard Selectors window:
Either from the All Dashboards window, click the More icon > Selectors
Or on a Dashboard tile, click the Setting icon > Settings > Manage
- Choose the Selector that you want to change the Dependency group.
- Click Edit, to display the Edit Selector window.
- Open the Dependency Group drop-down menu.
- Choose a different Dependency group.
Note To prevent dependency between selectors, select None.
- Click Save.