The options for collecting and sending metrics are:
- Install simple relay – See Using Anodot Relay.
- Send metric data directly to the Anodot API – Anodot provides a RESTful POST method for sending metrics. See Post Time Series Data Points- Anodot 2.0 Protocol and Anodot 1.0 Protocol
- Collectd – See Using Collectd.
- Statsd – See Using Statsd
Before defining property names for your metrics, see Metric Naming Conventions.
As your metric data is received by Anodot, the following computations and analyses are made, amongst others:
- Aggregation of raw data into all time scales.
- Learning of normal metric behavior.
- Determination of anomalies based on learned normal behavior.
- Independent computation of anomalies for each time scale.