Use Advance Search mode for metrics based on several pre-determined parameters.
TO CREATE AN ADVANCED SEARCH METRIC
1. Click the menu on the top taskbar, to display the Navigation panel.
2. Select Metrics, to display the Metrics window.
3. Click the Switch to Advance button, to display an expression tree.
4. Select a Sort order:
- highest Average
- highest Current
The sort order is for preview purposes only, and is computed over the time range specified, except when saving to the Dashboard.
5. Select the number of metrics to be shown in the graph. Up to 50 metrics can be displayed in a graph. If there are more than 50 metrics returned in an expression, clicking on the expression shows the full list in the legend below the chart.
6. To include Composites, deselect the Exclude Metrics check box. By default Composite Metrics are excluded from Advanced Search metrics.
Note: We recommend excluding composites as they cannot contain other composites, therefore cannot be saved either as alerts or new composites.
7. Click the Display style icon , to customize the graph display.
See Customizing a Chart
8. Define the metric parameters using the the function nodes.
See Creating Metric Expressions
If an Advanced metric meets the Simple Search parameters, it can be converted to a Simple Search by clicking the Simple Search toggle. If it does not, a Simple Search Warning is displayed.