To collect and process data:
- Click the menu icon , to display the navigation pane.
- Select Data Collectors. By default all Data Sources, Streams and Stream status are displayed in the Data Manager window. If the source from which you want to stream data has already been created, skip to step 5.
- To view Streams from a specific Data Source, select the data source in the Sources+ panel.
- If the a data source is selected and the panel is empty, no stream queries exist for that source.
3. To create a source, click . The Connect to Source/ Upload File dialog box is displayed.
4. Select a data source. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. If the panel is not activated, select a data source.
6. Click to display the Stream Query dialog box.
Note: The default Stream name, GA STREAM 4/14/2017 09:36, is the timestamp of when the stream was created. You can edit the name.
7. In the Website Data panel, choose:
i. An account
ii. A property
iii. A view
8. In the Metrics & Dimensions panel, choose a Template. The metrics and dimensions are based on the template you have chosen. Use any template as a starting point and add/remove metrics and dimensions according to your preferences for that stream.
Note: Anodot GA collector supports custom dimensions and metrics.
9. Click the panel Pen icon to display the Metrics & Dimensions dialog box.
10. To edit the stream:
i. To add a metric, either click Metrics +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available metrics or key in parts of an existing metric name. The system will filter metrics with that name.
ii. To add a dimension, either click Dimensions +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available dimensions or key in parts of an existing metric name. The system will filter dimensions with that name.
iii. Repeat steps i. and ii. to adjust the metrics and dimensions of your query.
Note: To clear a metric or a dimension, click the X by the metric/dimension.
iv. Click to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
11. To Edit the Historical & Live time properties in the query, click the panel Pen icon . The Historical & Live time properties window is displayed.
i. Choose a time scale [1 Hour/ 1 Day].
ii. Choose a time span [Last month/Last 3 days/ Last week/ Last Month/ Last 3 months].
- The default is Last 3 months/Last day.
- On an hourly time scale the maximum span is one month.
iii. Click to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
12. Review the Stream Query window to check the chosen stream data.
13. Click . Anodot retrieves the data from the data source. This will take a few moments.
A Stream Table is displayed, showing the metrics and dimensions retrieved and a balance of your metrics account.
Streaming will take a few moments - how long depends on your system and the amount of data to be processed. Once the data is Live, it is continually updated and available on an hourly or daily basis depending on the time scale defined in the stream query.
Note: If the retrieval process appears to be taking too long, use the breadcrumbs to return to the Stream Query window, make the necessary changes and click Next.
To view the metrics created, navigate to the Anodot Metrics window.
Data Collectors - Overview
Collecting and Processing Data from Uploaded CSV Files
Viewing a Stream Summary
Editing a Stream Table
Editing What Columns
Fine-tuning Properties Columns
Adding User-defined Columns
Concatenating Properties Columns
Renaming What and Properties Column Headings