To collect and process data:
- Click menu on the top taskbar to display the navigation side panel.
- Select Data Collector.
- The Data Manager window is displayed. If no Sources are displayed, click the Add Icon to create a data source.
- By default all Data Sources, Streams and Stream status are displayed in the Data Manager window.
Note: For details about the Data Manager window, see Business Collectors - Overview.
To view the Streams from a specific Data Source, select the data source in the Source panel.The Streams panel is activated and only the Streams from the selected source are displayed. If a data source is selected and the Stream panel is empty, no Stream queries exist for that source.
- To create a new stream, click Streams . The Stream Query window is displayed.
Note: The default Stream name, GA STREAM 4/14/2017 09:36, is the timestamp of when the stream was created. You can edit the name.
- In the Web Site Data panel, choose:
i. An account
ii. A property
iii. A view
- [Optional] In the Metrics & Dimensions panel, choose a Template. The metrics and dimensions are based on the template you have chosen. Use any template as a starting point and add/remove metrics and dimensions according to your preferences for that stream.
Note: Anodot GA collector supports custom dimensions and metrics.
TO EDIT the Metrics and Dimensions, click the panel Pen icon . The Metrics & Dimensions window is displayed.
i. To add a metric, either click Metrics +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available metrics or key in parts of an existing metric name. The system will filter metrics with that name.
ii. To add a dimension, either click Dimensions +, from the menu displayed, choose a Group and then one of the available dimensions or key in parts of an existing metric name. The system will filter dimensions with that name.
iii. Repeat steps i. and ii. to adjust the metrics and dimensions of your query.
Note: To clear a metric or a dimension, click the X by the metric/dimension.
iv. Click to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
TO EDIT the Historical & Live time properties in the query, click the panel Pen icon . The Historical & Live time properties window is displayed.
i. Choose a time scale [1 Hour/ 1 Day].
ii. Choose a time span [Last month/Last 3 days/ Last week/ Last Month/ Last 3 months].
- The default is Last 3 months/Last day.
- On an hourly time scale the maximum span is one month.
iii. Click to accept the changes and return to the Stream Query window.
- Review the Stream Query window to check the chosen stream data.
- Click . Anodot now retrieves the data from the data source. This will take a few moments.
A Stream Table is displayed, showing the metrics and dimensions retrieved, the current estimate of the number of metrics the query will create out of your total metrics budget and the number of unique values of each of the dimensions.
- Click Stream Historical Data & Go Live to stream the data as-is into Anodot for processing.
Note: If the retrieval process appears to be taking too long, use the breadcrumbs to return to the Stream Query window.
Make the necessary changes and click Next.
Streaming will take a few moments - how long depends on your system and the amount of data to be processed. Once the data is Live, it is continually updated and available on an hourly or daily basis depending on the time scale defined in the stream query.
- To view the metrics created, navigate to the Anodot Metrics window.