Note: An Anomaly Alert created on a Dashboard tile is the same as Defining Anomaly Alerts created on the Alerts page. If you delete the Dashboard tile, the alert associated with the tile becomes detached and is retained by Anodot. The alert is not deleted with the tile.
TO CREATE AN ALERT ON A DASHBOARD TILE
- Hover over a tile you want to create an alert.
- Click the Settings icon and select Create Alert.
Note: An alert on a dashboard tile can be created only from single root metrics. If the tile metrics are based on composite, multiple root expressions, Create Alert is disabled.
The Save Alert dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a new Title for the alert or leave the default title [Dashboard name + tile name].
The Preview section displays simulation of the alerts ['what'], estimated frequency of the alert and settings information.
- To accept the default settings, click Create Alert. The following message is displayed
To edit the default settings, click Edit. The Edit Alert window is displayed.
5. To change the Anomaly alert settings, see Defining Anomaly Alerts. If you selected Create Alert in step 4, you can modify the alert by clicking Edit on the Alert message.
6. Click Save >Save.
The Alert is saved and displayed in the All Alerts window.
TO EDIT AN ALERT ON A DASHBOARD TILE
- Hover over a tile you want to edit the alert.
- Click the Settings icon and select Edit Alert. The Alerts dialog is displayed.
- Select Alert Settings. The Edit Alerts screen is displayed.
- Modify the Metrics/Alert Settings/Info and Recipients settings.
- Click Save > Save.
The alert is saved and displayed in the All Alerts window. The following message is displayed:
TO VIEW DASHBOARD TILE ALERT EVENTS
When hovering over a dashboard tile, the:
- Outline bell icon indicates that an alert has been defined on the tile but no events have been triggered in the set time range.
- Grey bell icon indicates that there are events (alert open/alert closed) in the set time range.
- Pink bell icon indicates the tile linked to the events displayed in the All Events panel.
To view the events fired by the alert, click the Grey bell icon, the All Events panel is displayed - the icon changes to pink.