TO CREATE A NEW DASHBOARD
- In the Dashboards tab, click New.
- In the New Dashboard Settings dialog box:
- Type a Name for the new Dashboard tile.
- [Optional] Add Tags. Start typing a tag, if the tag exists it is displayed in the drop-down menu. Or create a new tag by entering the complete name in the Tags field. New tags are automatically saved after selecting Create.
Note: An unlimited number of tags can be added to the Tile. Use Tags to organize, filter and search your Dashboard screen.
- Select Who can edit this Dashboard:
- Anyone can modify [Default] - Enables all users to edit and save changes made to a selected tile.
- Owner can modify - Enables only the tile owner to have complete control to edit and save changes. Restricts editing by other users. See Owner only can modify.
Note: To check if a Tile is open to Anyone can modify or Owner can modify,
- Either click the More icon on the Dashboard tile,
- Or click the Setting menu in the Dashboard window
The Tile status is displayed on the menu.
OWNER ONLY CAN MODIFY
When Owner can modify is selected, other users can:
- Edit the time scale resolution, time range and the default selector values from the drop-down menus on the Dashboard task bar.
- Save their edits locally.This does not affect the owners settings.
Note: To restore to the owners default values, click the Settings menu and select Set to owner default.
- Not edit the metrics, change the settings, duplicate, copy or delete the tile or export the data to a CSV file.
- Not zoom-in or out of a chart.
- Not move the tiles.
a/ New Dashboards can be created from an existing metric tiles. See Copying a Dashboard Tile.
b/ A Dashboard tile owner can change the status of a tile from Anyone can modify to Owner can modify. To change the status:
- Select the Settings menu.
- Select Settings, to display the Dashboard Settings dialog box.
- Select Owner can modify.
- Click Save.
c/ When a Dashboard containing tiles with alerts is deleted, the alert(s) are detached, not deleted. Alerts are retained in Anodot and will be triggered if and when they affect other metrics.