IMPORTANT For an alert to be triggered, all the settings and conditions must be met. To set anomaly alert conditions, see Setting Anomaly Alert Conditions.
- Create an Anomaly Alert. See Setting Alert Types.
- Set the Significance Score of the Alert. Significance is Anodot’s assessment of how important an anomaly is. Importance is determined by how much and for how long the metric deviated from the expected pattern compared to past anomalies of the metric.
- Set the Minimum Duration.
• Select a time period [Min/Hrs/Day/Week]
• Move the slide bar to select the number of time periods
- [Optional] Set the Minimum Delta of the Significance Score and Minimum Duration from the normal range. The minimum delta can set either as an absolute value, or as a percentage or both.
- Set the metric data Time Scale interval [1 min/5 min/1 hr/1 day/1 week].
Note The Time Scale is span of time for which metrics are aggregated. Anodot also computes anomalies on each time scale independently. When viewing metrics in dashboards or the metrics tab, Anodot automatically selects the viewing time scale based on the Time Range selected. The time scale is marked with Auto. This setting can be overwritten.
Note: Please contact Anodot support if you would like to use the Week interval option.
- Set the Direction [Up/Down] when you want to alerted when an anomaly is triggered. The default is Up and Down.
- Set Metric values:
• Alert on an anomaly with direction UP if the metric value is larger or equal to the set value
• Alert on an anomaly with direction DOWN if the metric value is smaller or equal to the set value
- [Optional] To Correlate Events to the anomalies in the alert, select YES.
- The default is for Events not to be correlated with anomalies.
- To include Events in alert notifications, Correlates Events must be set to YES.
The All Events panel is displayed in the Alert settings window. Use the Filter on the panel to select which events you want to correlate with the Alert. To view filter and search Events, see Viewing Events in Dashboards.
- To send an alert when there is No Data for at least a specified period of time, click YES and select the value of the periods and they type of period.
Note: The default is for alerts not to be sent if there is no data.